No matter where you are in the country the temperature is about to start going up, if it hasn’t done so already. With the increase in temperature you may also see an increase in your electric bill. Luckily Fuji Air Conditioning of Hollywood FL has some helpful tips on how you can cut the costs of your AC bill, save yourself a lot of money and even make your AC run better over the summer months. Your air conditioner can be one of the biggest, if not the biggest draws on your electric bill each month and that is why you want to take some of these helpful tips into consideration whether you live in Hollywood FL or anywhere else.
- Keep it clean: Believe it or not your vents and filters have a lot to do with how much electric your AC needs to run each month. The more dust and dirt that is kept, the harder it is for your AC to keep your home cool so it has to run more and more. You should wash or replace the filters every month, clean all the vents on a regular basis and have a professional come in and clean the ducts at least once a year to make sure you are getting the cleanest and most efficient results.
- Check for leaks: It doesn’t matter where; the ducts, the vents, the windows, the roof, anywhere in your home where there are leaks could be a cause for your AC to have to run more than normal. These leaks can be small but if they delay your house from cooling down that means your electric bill is going to go up. Less is more, the less you have to run your air conditioner, the more money you will save so keep an eye out for leaks if you can see them and make sure you have anyone who is cleaning your ducts to check for leaks as well.
- Be a fan of fans: Ceiling fans, wall fans and any other types of fans you have in your home are a great benefit to helping you save money. When your air conditioner is running they do a great job of spreading the cool air throughout your home and when your air conditioner isn’t running they do a great job of keeping your home cool so you do not have to go turn your AC on as often. Fans are also great to run while you are sleeping or are at work so you do not have to run the air conditioning but can maintain the temperature in the house so that when the AC does kick on it doesn’t have to run as long to cool down your home.
- If you aren’t home, save money: You would be amazed how many people complain about their electric bill and they actually leave their AC on, temperature set in the mid 70’s while they are out all day. In some cases people are gone for more than ten hours at the peak of the heat of the day, having their AC run almost that entire time and there is no one home. Think of how much money that is costing you? That would be a great way to significantly reduce the cost of your air conditioning bill and it is also very practical. You do not want your air conditioner running that much throughout the day, even if you are home but especially if you aren’t. That doesn’t mean you have to turn the thermostat up to the 80’s but 78-80 degrees isn’t that high if no one is home.
- Get it checked: Having your air conditioner serviced is another great way to save money. If something isn’t running right it would cause more strain on the unit which would mean it is taking longer to run. Not only would this impact your bill but it will also mean you have to call someone out to do repair work and that could be pricey as well. That is why getting your air conditioner checked and serviced on a regular basis can help you to save a lot of money over the long run.
Fuji air conditioning of Hollywood FL understands that AC repair can be tedious and expensive in some cases. Believe it or not a lot of the repair work air conditioning companies are called out to do is usually something that could have been avoided if the AC unit was cleaned and serviced on a regular basis. However, when you run your AC non-stop with little time to take a break and then do not clean the filters and vents on a regular basis you cannot be surprised when there is a problem down the road. Running too much and too hard is one of the main reasons why units have problems, especially in the summer months. This is a critical time for most AC repair companies because people are relying on their air conditioners more now, than at any other time of the year and you can expect high temperatures again this summer. This is one of the main reasons why it is so important to get your AC unit cleaned and serviced now rather than waiting for when you might need repairs done.
Obviously we want our bill to be as low as possible and that is going to be a bit of a challenge when you are heading into the summer months. However, there are plenty of ways you can cut down your energy usage around the house with simple tips to follow. Of course one of the big ways to save starts right at the AC unit because it is one of the biggest and most constantly running pieces of machinery in your home. Hopefully, these tips will help you to save some money this summer so you can spend that extra money having some fun because that’s what summer is really all about.